Orthosnap vs Invisalign – what are the differences between the two, and which is better?
For most people, the first thing that comes into their minds when they heard the words ‘clear aligners’ is Invisalign. While Invisalign is indeed the most established brand of aligner system today, it is not the only one out there. As a matter of fact, there are already a handful of different clear aligner brands that are trying to compete against Invisalign in terms of efficacy and practicality. One brand that is making a name in the orthodontic industry right now is Orthosnap.
How does Orthosnap compare to a well-established name like Invisalign? This Orthosnap vs Invisalign entry will take you to an in-depth side-by-side comparison between the two to help you make the right choice.
What is Orthosnap?
Much like Invisalign, Orthosnap is a clear, custom-made, removable, teeth straightening aligner. Introduced in 2011, Orthosnap aligners straighten the teeth by applying gentle but consistent pressure. It is comfortable and seamless and can correct a wide range of mild to moderate malocclusions such as overbite, underbite, crossbite, gap teeth, open bite, and crowded teeth. More importantly, it is FDA-approved.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is the first of its kind. Invented in 1999, their invisible braces introduced the world to teeth straightening without the use of metal, wires, and elastics. Rather, it uses patented, BPA-free clear plastics that are far more comfortable and aesthetically appealing than traditional metal braces.
The whole treatment plan involves the use of a series of trays with small increments specially designed to move teeth using gentle but consistent pressure. It is also FDA-approved.
Advantage of Orthosnap over Invisalign
Invisalign might be the leading brand in the market for those looking to improve their smile. But Orthosnap does offer a wide range of benefits that you can enjoy, which makes it a good option if the Invisalign system is out of your budget’s reach.
- Easy and faster start – The brand offers a 3 Step Start to get you started faster and help you determine whether or not to commit and continue with the treatment, all without sinking a lot of money.
- Growing brand – Orthosnap may be younger than Invisalign and may have fewer partners all over the country. However, they are growing the brand and as of July of 2021, they have already partnered with more than 1000 dental providers nationwide.
- Less expensive – The price is probably the biggest selling point of Orthosnap over Invisalign. While the overall price for the treatment plan differs from one case to another, the former is a bit more affordable than the latter.
- Fine-tunes patient’s impressions – They fine-tune their aligners mid-treatment, ensuring each tray fits perfectly and snugly to your teeth. This means the trays will fit perfectly on your teeth and your teeth only. They use the anchoring and layering methods to reinforce the movements of the teeth to work with every detail of your mouth.
- Harder and stronger trays – Unlike Invisalign’s flexible clear aligners, Orthosnap aligners are harder and don’t lose effectiveness over time.
Advantage of Invisalign over Orthosnap
For those who can afford to invest in Invisalign aligners, you have a few benefits that you can enjoy for choosing this brand of aligner system.
- Time-tested and well-established name – Invisalign as a brand has been around for more than two decades. They have established their name in the industry.
- Before and after pictures – The best thing about the Invisalign treatment plan is how they envision your progress with their before and after photos. This means you know what to expect after the treatment, even before starting off with the treatment. You can see your progress every stage (or every tray) of the way, which can be quite motivating.
- Faster results – Depending on the severity of the malocclusion, Invisalign works as fast as six months.
- Widely available all around the country – Invisalign has partnered with more than 40,000 dental clinics all over the country the United States. This means you can get your teeth straightened anywhere you are. Simply search for their partner clinics in your area.
- Precise molding – Invisalign uses its very own software to scan and make a 3D model of your mouth and teeth with serious precision.
- Patented, flexible, and smooth plastic – Invisalign manufactures their removable trays. You can expect the same quality for all your trays throughout the treatment.
- No need for re-adjustments – You will be wearing each tray for one to two weeks. This means you don’t have to visit your orthodontist to change trays. Simply move through the series of aligners. You will, however, need to visit your orthodontist every 6 or 10 weeks. This is to ensure the treatment is going as planned.
- You can whiten your teeth – Depending on your case, you can opt for teeth whitening during your Invisalign treatment. Your orthodontist will guide you through the process.
Orthosnap vs Invisalign: Which is better?
Again, Invisalign is the first of its kind. It is the first brand to introduce technology to the world. Other brands like Orthosnap are just following in their footsteps and making their own iterations in their process. But that doesn’t mean they are inferior. Certainly, there are many good things Orthosnap can offer. For one, it is more affordable without compromise on quality and efficacy.
Also, some user reviews said Invisalign may require the removal of some crooked but healthy teeth to facilitate the proper moving and straightening of the teeth. This of course, varies from one case to another and doesn’t necessarily apply to all.
Many Orthosnap patients also applauded the brand’s customer service, especially in their main clinic in New York. Invisalign’s customer service is just as good, though. The brand has earned its reputation in the industry and the customer service team is responsive and is available in case the patients have any issues with their aligners, or questions when it comes to its use. They have an accessible help and support team that responds promptly to any inquiries.
All in all, the advantage of Invisalign over other clear aligner brands like Orthosnap is undeniable. They have more partner clinics and dental providers all over the country. Their efficacy has been tested and proven for many years, making it a solid choice for those looking to improve their smile and straighten their teeth.